:::: ZKM events
÷ Every 2nd Thursday of the month: LBBW art night at ZKM :: Curator tours, readings, lectures, and artist's talks on the exhibitions FASTER! BIGGER! BETTER! Signet Works of the Collection and totalstadt. beijing case at the ZKM | Museum of Contemporary Art, made possible by the Landesbank Baden-Württemberg (LBBW). Exhibitions and Shop open until 9 p.m.
Thurs, 12 October 2006, 6pm, ZKM_Lecture Hall, free admission:
»The significance of traditional Chinese medicine in modern society«. A lecture by Dr. med. Andreas Spuller, head physician at the Institute for Chinese Medicine, Karlsruhe.
÷ Wo Himmel und Erde sich berühren :: A musical visual journey through the world of bells - DVD presentation with accompanying program.
Sat, 15 October 2006,
ZKM_Cube, admission to film and presentation EUR 8/5:
6pm: Die Karlsruher Friedensglocke, a documentary on the origins of Karlsruhe's Friedensglocke ⁄⁄ 7pm: Klangbilder, at ZKM's Klangdome ⁄⁄ 8pm: Wo Himmel und Erde sich berühren, a musical visual journey through the world of bells.
:::: ZKM exhibitions
· FASTER! BIGGER!
BETTER! Signet works of the collections:
Sylvie Fleury’s neon writing supplies the title for the presentation of our museum’s new collections. Signet works of our present and recently acquired private collections will be displayed on all three levels of the atriums 1 and 2 - The exhibition runs until January 07, 2007 ⁄⁄ zkm.de/signetwerke
beijing case: Cultural aspects of the high speed urbanization in china Final presentation of the scholarship holders of the project »Beijing Case« - The exhibition runs until January 07, 2007 ⁄⁄ zkm.de/totalstadt
· Infermental. Video vocabulary of the 1980's: »Infermental«, which was started in 1980 by the Hungarian and Polish experimental film makers round Gábor Bódy (1946–1985), is the first international magazine on video cassettes. The archive exhibition will present all editions of Infermental - The exhibition runs until October 29, 2006
Interconnect @ between attention and immersion: The ZKM | Media
Museum invites the public to a large-scale survey of contemporary
Brazilian media art, with selected works from this year's Sérgio Motta
Prize competition - The exhibition runs until October 29, 2006
· 0–24 h. Ignasi
Aballí: ollowing stations at the MACBA Museum for Contemporary Art,
Barcelona, the Serralves Foundation, Porto, and the IKON Gallery,
Birmingham, the ZKM now shows the works of the Catalonian artist Ignasi
Aballí for the first time in Germany. The title work 0-24h provides
information about the themes round which Aballí’s work revolves – The exhibition runs until October 15, 2006
· Georg Nees. The Great Temptation: On the occasion of Georg Nees’s 80th birthday, the ZKM continues its series on early computer art, inaugurated by an exhibition of the works of Frieder Nake, with this co-operative exhibition organized in 2005 by the Bremen Kunsthalle. Along with Herbert Franke and Frieder Nake, Nees is looked upon as one of the pioneers of computer art - The exhibition runs until October 15, 2006
· The Museum of Time Based Art :: The ZKM now open itself completely to the art of time and, furthermore, present the works of film and music in the permanent collection - The exhibition runs until early 2007
· New Works in the Media Museum :: Presentation of the most recent installations by Peter Dittmer, Matthias Gommel, and Didier Demorcy, Isabelle Mauz, Studio Plo in collaboration with Julien Gravelle and Vincianne Despret - The exhibition runs until early 2007
· Masterpieces of Media Art from the
ZKM_Collection :: The exhibition presents a panorama of
media art from its early days in the 1950s up to current net art, which no other museum in the world has to offer - The exhibition runs until early 2007
· The Algorithmic Revoluion and World of Games: reloaded :: Over the
past 50 years, algorithmic decision-making processes have come very much to the fore as a result of the universal use of computers in all fields of cultural literacy - from architecture to music, from literature to the fine arts, and from transport to management. The exhibition draws on the ZKM_Collection and selected loans in presenting an historical outline of this radical change in the fine arts, music, design, and architecture - The exhibition runs until early 2007