Bill Seaman :: The Exquisite Mechanism of Shivers [1991/94]
The CD-ROM adaptation of the interactive video installation »The Exquisite Mechanism of Shivers« was developed for the first artintact issue. The source material of this piece is a 28-minute video work comprised of 33 brief text, image, and musical sequences. Each sequence [or musical movement] is divided into 10 media modules. This produces a template of 330 media-fragments that make up the poetic variables of the piece. The work explores the combination and re-combination of this set of specific media elements. Each module is presented as a word [or words] superimposed over a related time-based visual image, accompanied by a musical fragment.
- Bill Seaman -
Type of Work
Interactive work on CD-ROM
published in artintact 1 
· Concept and realization: Bill Seaman
· CD-ROM programming: Volker Kuchelmeister
· Digital video editing: Volker Kuchelmeister, Holger Jost
· Production: ZKM | Institute for Visual Media
· supported by the Australian Film Commission.
· Institute for Visual Media
»Future Cinema. The Cinematic Imaginary After Film«, ZKM | Karslruhe [D] - 11/16/2002-03/30/2003
»MultiMediale 4«, Karlsruhe [D]
Bill Seaman's Homepage